My quest to get myself organised has led me to update my #20booksofsummer list which I started at the end of May and all organised by the lovely Cathy at 746 Books . A way to get us all, hopefully, reading a little more over the summer months and keeping us focused as readers in trying to reduce the TBR mountains we all have collected!!
And it appears that my challenge is going very well so far as I have reached the halfway point!! A whole 10 books read from my list - yay me!!! This challenge runs until the 3rd September so I'm feeling quietly confident that I will be able to achieve my aim again, although I'm rather now wishing I hadn't said that as I've not suffered a reading slump recently and I've just invited it to start!
So here's a little look at the books I've completed and if you click on the titles you get to see my GoodReads review page if you so wish!
1. The Ice by Laline Paull - 3 stars
2. Colt Harper - Esteemed Vampire Cat by Tyrolin Puxty - 5 stars
3. Mr Penumbra's 24-hour bookstore by Robin Sloan - 4 stars
4. Up Close by Henriette Gyland - 5 stars
5. After I've Gone by Linda Green - 3 stars
6. House.Tree. Person by Catriona McPherson - 4 stars
7. A Thousand Paper Birds by Tor Udall - 5 stars
8. Finding Secrets by Lauren Westwood Writer - 4 stars
9. Laura Lake and the Hipster Weddings by Wendy Holden - 2 stars
10. Mist & Whispers by C.M.Lucas - 3 stars
All up to date now then!! And most have been enjoyable experiences which always helps!! A Thousand Paper Birds has been the highlight for me so far! Such a magical book!!
The main reason I started this challenge was to make a dent on my Kindle TBR list and the NetGalley list too was spiralling out of control, so this has really helped me to free up some space on both and I am now just hoping I can keep up the pace and reach my goal!! I can see August being another busy reading month!!