I'm always looking for a good excuse to pick up some random books from my shelves to fit in with a challenge and I recently spotted this over on What Cathy Read Next and decided to join in the fun!
This year the What's In a Name challenge is being hosted by Andrea over at Carolina Book Nook so head to her page if you'd like to add your link and take part!
The rules are very simple!
The challenge extends from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019. You can sign up any time, but only count books that you read between those dates.
Read a book in any format (hard copy, ebook, audio) with a title that fits in each category.
Don’t use the same book for more than one category.
Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
You can choose your books as you go or make a list ahead of time.
And here's the list of categories for you to choose your books from - with some examples!
- A precious stone/metal (ex. Ruby Holler, The Silver Chair)
- A temperature (ex. In Cold Blood, Love in the Time of Global Warming)
- A month or day of the week (ex. Tuesdays with Morrie, March)
- A meal (ex. Breakfast at Tiffany’s, A Feast for Crows)
- Contains the word “girl” or “woman” (ex. Gone Girl, The Woman in the Window)
- Contains both the words “of” AND “and” (ex. A Court of Thorns and Roses, The Book of Blood and Shadow)
So I have raided my shelves - both physical and digital - and have come up with my list of books I hope to read! Click on the book title for the link to the GoodReads page.
A precious stone/metal - A Strange Manuscript found in a copper cylinder by James De Mille
A temperature - A Cold Season by Alison Littlewood
A month or day of the week - The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
Contains the word 'girl' or 'woman - The Madwoman Upstairs by Catherine Lowell
Contains both the words 'of' AND 'and - Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Bring on the reading challenge!! Should be lots of fun!